Patient Bill of Rights Obligations
The Surgery Center, LLC is committed to providing comprehensive healthcare in a manner which acknowledges the uniqueness and dignity of each patient. We encourage patients and families to have clear knowledge of and participate fully in matters and decisions relating to the medical care provided.
- You have the right to be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- You have the right to privacy when receiving care and to have your medical records held in confidence. You have the right to approve or refuse the release of these records, except as required by law.
- You have the right to select your own surgeon, and the right to change providers if other qualified providers are available.
- You have the right to participate in decisions regarding your healthcare and to complete information regarding your condition, prognosis and treatment. If it is medically inadvisable to give you this information, it will be provided to person you delegate, or who is legally authorized to receive it.
- You have the right to consult with other health professionals when you feel such a consultation is necessary.
- You have the right to consent to, or refuse involvement in medical studies or research projects conducted by The Surgery Center, LLC.
- You have the right to be informed of business relationships between The Surgery Center, LLC and other healthcare providers, insofar as your care is concerned.
- You have the right to be informed of policies or regulations by which you are expected to abide.
- You have the right to receive care in a safe setting and to be free from harassment or abuse.
- You have the right to exercise your rights without being subjected to discrimination or reprisal.
- The rights of any patient, adjudged incompetent under applicable state health and safety laws by a court of the proper jurisdiction, will be exercised by the person appointed under state law to act on the patient’s behalf.
- Each visitor is responsible to be considerate of others by observing safety and smoking regulations at the facility.
- Each visitor is responsible to be considerate of The Surgery Center, LLC personnel.
- Each patient is responsible to supply accurate and complete history information, including medications and over-the-counter products and dietary supplements, and any allergies or sensitivities.
- Each patient is responsible to follow the treatment plan prescribed by his/her provider.
- Each patient is responsible to inform The Surgery Center, LLC about any living will, medical power of attorney, or other directive that could affect care.
- Each patient is responsible to inform The Surgery Center, LLC personnel if their instructions, information, or answers to any questions are unclear or impossible to follow.
- Each patient is responsible to fulfill any financial obligations they may incur.
- Each patient is responsible to make follow-up appointments with their procedural physician as directed.
- Each patient is required to have a responsible adult to drive them home from the facility and remain with him/her for 24 hours, if required by his/her provider.
- If I have an Advanced Directive (AD) or have enacted a Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) status, I will discuss this with my treating physicians and determine the course
of action that will occur. I will provide a copy of my AD to The Surgery Center, LLC.